Tuesday

Clean 9 Cleanse Review - My Story

After hearing many success stories about Forever's Clean 9, I decided to give it a try, after all, as a Forever Living Products Distributor, how can I promote and recommend something with conviction if I haven't tried it for myself. Once I completed the program, then I would be able to share my own experience.



The other reason I was looking forward to doing it was because my body hasn't had a cleanse or a break for years, much like thousands of other people, and I thought that doing the Clean 9 can only have a positive effect on my health.

Prepare To Succeed!

Preparing For The Clean 9 Program

 

A little preparation is a good idea to ensure success and as I like to start things at the beginning of the week, I planned to start the Clean 9 on a Monday morning.  I also didn't have any big occasion or event on where I might be tempted to veer off the program - I was determined to follow the instructions exactly to see what kind of results I would get. Having heard that lots of people were losing quite a few lbs as well as inches, I wanted to see if this would work for me.

It is recommended to reduce your intake of stimulants a couple of days before starting the detox to minimize any of the possible side effects of withdrawal but instead of the 3-4 cups of coffee I normally drink every day, I think I cut it down to 2 cups on the day before I started.

Before Clean 9

Clean 9 Review - Day 1 & 2

The first 2 days of the Clean 9 program consist of drinking lots of aloe vera gel and taking both the garcinia and bee pollen supplements as well as drinking lots of water.

There is also 1 protein shake to drink at lunch time but no other eating.

Read more about the products here

I weighed and measured myself and as I had prepared myself mentally ahead of starting the program.


 
My starting weight was 10 stone 9 lbs 4 ozs or 69.22 kgs or 149 lbs 6.4ozs.



My measurements were -

Arm - measured at the widest part - 9.5 inches
Waist - 36 inches
Chest - 37 inches
Hip -  38 and half inches
Thigh - 20 inches

 
 ... and Day 1 went very smoothly.  I missed the act of physically eating and would be lying if I said I didn't feel a little hungry when it got to about 7 or 8 o'clock.

Day 2


Day 2 was a little more difficult but I was determined to follow the Clean 9 instructions exactly so I distracted myself with other things as much as I could. I had a slight headache on waking up and I noticed I was a little irritable.  I also felt a little "achey", like as if you are coming down with a cold. The headache lessened when I drank some water and passed after a couple of hours.  I also did around 30 minutes of exercise each day which consisted of walking which did actually clear my head, and I went to bed early both nights. 

Day 3


Day 3 could be described as "exciting" - as I got to taste the protein shake which was delicious!  I've never had a protein shake before but I was surprised how full I felt after drinking it.  I did experience a little lower back pain which I normally don't have and the Clean 9 I thought had to have something to do with it.  My friend Mary did explain that this was most likely caused by a shift in the bowel due to the cleansing process and the bowel could be pressing on a nerve.  This was nothing major and I would really describe it as uncomfortable - I knew it was only a temporary thing and it would be gone in a day or 2.  I also got to eat a 600 calorie meal for dinner which consisted of a fillet of chicken, lightly brushed with pesto sauce, 1 small roast potato and some roast vegetables - delicious!

Day 4


Day 4 I started to feel better - my achey feelings were gone and I just wasn't hungry at all.  I still had some lower back pain but overall I was fine.  I did feel a little constipated which surprised me as I thought I might have been spending a little more time on the toilet. Taking a probiotic capsule is recommended to help with constipation. From day 3 onwards, the amount of gel is reduced to twice per day.

Day 5 


From day 5 onwards, I felt great - I did not feel hungry apart from when it was coming up to lunch or dinner and I had a lot of energy.  The protein shakes for both breakfast and lunch really kept me full and I found that the 600 calorie meal is actually plenty of food.  Planning ahead to make sure you have something suitable for dinner is vital.

Day 6 -9


I weighted myself on Day 6 and I was down 2lbs and I felt a lot thinner however I did not meausre or weight myself any other time until the end of the program. I also did the recommended 20 mins of exercise each day.

Day 10


I was really excited to see what the results were after the 9 day plan - I really felt so much better and healthier, I almost decided against eating (almost!)  I hopped on the scales - yeah...

After Clean 9
10st 4.8lbs

<<= CLICK HERE To Find Out How To Buy Clean 9 =>>



Clean 9 Results - 


Weight afterwards - 10st 4lbs and 8ozs - or 66kg or 144 lb 8oz

WEIGHT LOSS TOTAL - 4.6 lbs

Measurements Taken After Clean 9 


Arm - measured at the widest part - 9.5 inches  - same
Waist - 36 inches            -  now 34 inches
Chest - 37 inches            -  now 36 inches
Hip -  38 and half inches  -  now 37 inches
Thigh - 20 inches             - now 19 inch each leg


INCH LOSS - TOTAL 6 and half inches


Program Review - Overall

 

Overall I found the Clean 9 program was fantastic and if I had to carry it on longer than the 9 days, I would have happily done so.  I really felt cleaner, lighter, healthier and thinner by the end.

My most difficult day of the program was DAY 2 because of a combination of being hungry, withdrawal symptoms and changes starting to take place in my body.  I was 100% motivated to complete the program and I was probably  tempted only once or twice to stray - but as I wanted to make sure I followed the instructions to a tee, I did not give in to temptation.

The booklet which comes in the box is a great guide as there is a planner for each day so you can keep track of how you are feeling, things you may notice and the exercise you've done.

If you do decide to have something which is different to what is outlined on the plan, it is important to keep track of it as it could affect the final outcome and so your expectations.  You also fill out your weight and measurements before you begin, so you have a record to compare with.

Some of the effects Clean 9 had on me -

My nails grew quickly, seemed stronger and healthier
My hair felt and looked great
I felt a lot thinner
No food cravings AT ALL - can honestly say I was not hungry
Really felt like choosing healthier options even days after the program had finished
Had great energy levels
Was buzzing and noticed my mood was much better

 9 DAY CLEANSE REVIEW - After Completing The Program 

 

On Day 10, I had 3 meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner and I kept drinking the gel however though I had some supplements left, I didn't think to take them.

I mentioned to a friend that evening that I had just completed the Clean 9 Program and diet and she said it would be interesting to see what my weight was the following day as more than likely once I returned to normal eating, I would put on at least 2lbs of what I had lost.

I thought that was interesting so here is my result the following morning -


As I write this, it is one week and a day after the result above.  My weight this morning is exactly 10st 4lbs.

I've been more concious of choosing healthier options but I've also worked out my BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) - the minimum number of calories that MY body needs each day to function properly at rest AND my AMR (Actual Metabolic Rate) - this is my BMR plus the calories I need each day to support movement and activity.

AMR depends on your level of activity so will be calculated different depending on how active you are.  The ONLY way to lose weight is to burn off MORE calories than you take in and once you know the rate at which your body uses and burns calories, you will be a lot closer to achieving your goal for weight loss, weight gain or weight maintenance.

You can at this stage move on to the Nutri-Lean program depending on how much weight you have to lose.  You could also introduce another meal, either breakfast or lunch and stick with one protein shake - you could also decide to continue with the garcinia supplements for a while and remain drinking the aloe vera gel for overall health. These products are available to purchase serperately.

You don't of course "need" to continue with these recommendations, the most important thing is to be aware of what kinds of foods you are consuming and in what amounts to ensure you hold on to the results you achieve with Clean 9.